Skip to content

Travel tips

helpful tips for your trip!

Packing List

  • Passport (birth certificate for children)
  • Clothes for all types of weather, including rain gear
  • Bath towel, beach towel
  • Personal toiletries
  • Waterproof boots or shoes for hiking, sandals, etc.
  • Hat
  • Sunglasses
  • Sun protection
  • Swimsuit
  • Personal life jacket (PFD)
  • Bug spray
  • Camera
  • Flashlight/head lamp
  • Binoculars
  • Boat cooler for beverages
  • Cooler to bring home fish
  • Paper towels/napkins / paper plates
  • Books/magazines/games
  • Charcoal/lighter fluid
  • Food, snacks, and beverages for the week
  • Fishing gear
  • Stringer
  • Medium action rod for trout (8-10 lb. test line)
  • Medium to heavy rod for northern
  • Light action rod for perch
  • Tackle: spoons, rapalas, jigs, steel leaders, swivels, extra line
  • Jaw spreader
  • Pliers
  • Measuring tape
  • Nail clippers
  • Filet knife
  • In-line weights or clip weights
  • ¼ oz – 4 oz weights
  • Fish locator/GPS

Included in all cabins

  • All bed linens, including pillows and extra blankets
  • Hand towels, dish rags, dish soap, hand soap
  • Pots, pans, dishes, & silverware
  • Toilet paper provided in bathrooms.
  • Nets, anchors, oars, and swivel seats for boats are provided
  • Shorelunch cooking gear
  • Each cabin has its own charcoal grill and fire pit area.
  • Reasonable firewood provided

Before Arrival to Aerobus Lake

  • Remember to print your Fishing Licenses at home.
  • Stop at Bobby’s Sport Shop in Vermillion Bay, Ontario for your BAIT and tackle needs
  • You MUST CALL us before leaving Vermillion Bay to inform us of your arrival time.
    You can call from Bobby’s Sport Shop phone or there is limited service for Verizon and AT&T towers. You lose service quickly out of Vermillion Bay.

Traveling to Ontario

Visit NOTO’s page for trusted, detailed information on traveling up to Ontario, Canada


IMMIGRATION – U.S. visitors crossing the border, either way, may be asked to verify their citizenship.  It is always advisable to carry some form of identification that indicates your citizenship.  (i.e. Passport, Birth certificate (must be accompanied by Government photo ID), baptismal certificate, U.S. voter’s registration card or passport.)****Please contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection with regards to identification requirements (i.e. Passports) to enter/re-enter the United States.****

CHILDREN – Bring identification for ALL children (i.e. Birth Certificate Baptismal Certificate or Passport).  Children travelling with someone other than a legal guardian should have written permission from their legal guardian or custodial parent.

Visitors to Canada may bring certain goods as “personal baggage,” duty and tax free, provided all such items are declared to Customs on Arrival, and are not subject to restrictions.

Visitors of legal age are entitled to import (duty and tax free) the following quantities for their personal use:
▄ 1.14 liters (40 Imperial ounces) of alcoholic beverages (liquor or liqueur) OR 24 – 12 oz. cans or bottles of beer or ale OR 1.5 liters of wine
▄ 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams of tobacco and 200 tobacco sticks

NOTE:  In Ontario, a maximum of 45 litres of alcohol (i.e.: 5 cases of beer) can be imported without a Provincial Liquor permit (including personal exemptions); provided the duty and taxes and provincial fees are paid.  When the visit is for less than 24 hours, duty and tax-free quantities may be reduced.

FOOD – a reasonable supply of food for personal use is allowed duty free entry.  The quantity must be consistent with the length of stay and number of people in the party.  Check HERE for the most recent food restrictions.

PETS – Dogs and cats from the U.S. must be accompanied by a valid rabies certificate, signed and dated by a veterinarian.  Pups and kittens under three months do not require a certificate but must be in good health at the time of entry.  DOG FOOD containing any meat or meat by-products is not allowed entry at this time.  AEROBUS LAKE WILDERNESS RESORT DOES NOT ALLOW PETS.

BAIT – (In Ontario) LEECHES, LIVE MINNOWS, SMELT and WAX WORMS are PROHIBITED! (You must purchase after you cross the border.)  Frozen or salted minnows are allowed.  Live earthworms are permitted entry into Canada, but must be packed in artificial bedding.  (No earth or soil)

FIREARMS – Long guns such as rifles and shotguns temporarily imported for hunting, sporting or competition are permitted but MUST BE DECLARED AND REGISTERED upon entry.  200 rounds of ammunition are allowed tax-free.  The firearms registration fee is $25.00 CDN for 60 days.

HANDGUNS HANDGUNS and other restricted or prohibited weapons are NOT allowed entry into Canada.  Mace and pepper spray are also prohibited.  

FIREWOOD is NOT permitted entry.

AGRICULTURE PRODUCTS – soil, bark chips, fertilizer (containing any manure or animal products), bulbs, shrubs and outdoor plants are not permitted entry.

For further information visit Canada Border Services Agency – Fort Frances, Ontario – 807-274-3655
Canadian Food Inspection Agency –
Canadian Firearm Centre –
Be Aware and Declare –